My fantastic Webdings Logo

Musings of a Loquacious Mind

thoughts by kate


babies

A Different Kind of Tummy Suck

You know you've done it. There are a million different reasons why, but you know you've sucked in your tummy before. To zip up your pants. To see your scale. To see what you'd look like 5 pounds lighter. To make someone think you always look 5 pounds lighter. To get behind a chair at a dinner. Whatever.

And pretty much the way you suck it up is by contracting your abs to bring in the pooch.

But I've noticed that - while pregnant - I do a different type of tummy suck. Especially right now, at about 23 weeks, when I don't always look pregnant (especially when wearing a totally non-maternity outfit, of which I have many that fit just fine due to the 15 or so pounds I lost right before I got pregnant). I don't tense the lower abs to pull in my gut; I contract the top of my stomach (upper abs? I don't know) to pull in the area between my chest and my gut. In effect, making my baby bump look bigger.

I want people to think I'm pregnant, not that I'm just oddly proportioned and fat.

I wonder if I'll still do this when I am obviously pregnant? Did I with Kaitlyn? I think yes. I think that, for the same reasons I've identified that I do it now, I'll still do it later. I'll want it to look like I've got a basketball in my dress, not just like I've puffed up like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. But it's interesting. At least to me.

Labels: ,

 •  read more  • 

Comments

0 Comments:














.