My fantastic Webdings Logo

Musings of a Loquacious Mind

thoughts by kate


babies

The Rumors Are True

I haven't blogged at all in, oh, at least 3 months. Well, I've updated my 50 Book Challenge list a few times, but that's about it.

So what's new in the life of Katherine? Well, is it really new to say "I'm pregnant!" when I just had the halfway-point ultrasound? It might be new to you.

This is a little bit of the explanation for why there have been no posts for so long.

(1) I've been sick. Not like the flu, but the "morning sickness" that makes people think "oh, yeah, eat a saltine before you get out of bed so you don't feel kinda nauseas"? Well, it knocked me off my feet with round the clock vomitting to the extent I couldn't keep down so much as a popsicle or Gatorade. I got drugs. There was drama. I got more drugs. The helped. I'm still on them. There may be more drama when City of Richmond switches to a new insurance carrier (right in the middle of my freaking pregnancy!) next week.

(2) I didn't want to tell. Well, that's not really true. Anyone knows I wanted to tell so bad, but I wanted to wait until the "danger zone" of 1st Tri was more passed. But when you are getting sick all of the time and can barely stand sometimes from weakness, well, you tell people more so they don't think it's something else (like something contagious and turn you into the CDC and you end up on Fox News and then get sued for using government resources for being... pregnant)(my body was fatigued; my imagination was working full force). And the only place I had control was not posting it to the world.

(3) The longer I waited, the more there was to tell, and the harder it was to do it. This is true in a lot of situations, and this is no exception.

But, it's out now, and I'm hoping to get back into the swing of blogging across the board pretty soon (I've even gotten back to crocheting a little; you know I was down-and-out sick when I couldn't even summon the strength to crochet!)

Labels:

 •  read more  • 

Comments

0 Comments:














.