My fantastic Webdings Logo

Musings of a Loquacious Mind

thoughts by kate


babies

It Can't Be That Narrow

In Sunday School this morning talk turned to those occasions where we may have been called (and the degree of rightly so) narrow-minded in our beliefs.

It's true that I believe there is one way to Heaven, and that faith in Jesus Christ, Son of God is it.

And that is an exclusionary statement. If I believe the only way for one to go to Heaven is by accepting the free gift of grace, then by definition I believe there is no other way.

But this isn't something I made up. This is God's truth. And it is narrow.

And then my husband said something that I thought was great:
There is no other way to be saved [than being a born-again Christian], but how can the way be called narrow when it is wide enough for all to come through? When it is sufficient for everybody?


Wow. Sometimes my husband amazes me, and in this statement he doubled up with the amazingness of God to just really give me a moment of wondrous reflection.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:16-17


Want to know more about what I believe? Check out the Four Spiritual Laws. Or email me. Or leave me a comment. I'd love to talk to you.

Labels:

 •  read more  • 

Comments

0 Comments:














.