My fantastic Webdings Logo

Musings of a Loquacious Mind

thoughts by kate


babies

A Life Well Lived

My mom forwarded me an obituary from the local paper. That's kind of weird, right? But this eulogy, written by the deceased before his passing, is such an incredible testiment of faith and love, that it moved me to tears. And laugh, too. And I thought it was worthy to share a few snips, but encourage you to read the whole thing at the Winston-Salem Journal webpage.

I voted for a Democrat twice, and I think it's time to apologize for that. Neither won, so I guess there's some consolation; nonetheless, I'm sorry.
I believe in God Almighty, His Son, Jesus Christ, and I publicly witness my love for them above all others, and ask forgiveness of my sins. I wish you would, too. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, and because of that, I have no fear of my death. If you can imagine a place better than Clemmons, I'm going there!
I believe my purpose in life was to help friends cope with a bad moment - to brighten your day with my silliness, boundless charm and uncanny wit - if I ever made you laugh or smile, that was no accident. I always tried to make everyone a little happier, often at my own expense, and if I did it for you, I was successful. Actually it was a great run! I wanted to live long enough to be considered as one who has wisdom, or to be on Willard Scott's TV show, or just own a Buick, but I didn't make it.

Labels:

 •  read more  • 

Comments

0 Comments:














.